Friday, February 26, 2010

Sick, Dying, Dead.

My second flu this winter. I can't believe it.

Thanks to cold crappy weather, a job where I touch trillions of bacteria a day, and the fact I come in contact with thousands of people a week during this, cold and flu season, I am now sitting in my parents' living room, sniffling and sneezing and coughing away, pretty much hating life.

A week ago I wasn't nearly this miserable.

Last Tuesday for dear Colby Lars' birthday, we surprised him with National Pancake Day at IHOP. Talk about awesome. Pair a free stack of buttermilk pancakes with a side of bacon, and you've got yourself a pretty wicked breakfast. Add that to getting up at the crack of darkness, on top of peeking through frost-covered car windows to see if the coast is clear for the driver to turn, figuring out how to connect to the secure wi-fi at school, surfing Facebook while sitting in my boring SpEd class, and you've got yourself a pretty awesome DAY.

The next day I felt very empty and alone. I kept asking myself why, in this whole town, I can't find myself one person who loves me, who wants to be with me. What was so wrong with me that I couldn't find that for myself? People left and right around me were finding people and falling in love and getting married and having babies, and yet, I was still single, finding younger or weirder friends.

I also started getting sick during this. And here we are. Sick.

I took two tests under the influence of codeine cough syrup on Thursday. I'm pretty sure I tanked both of them.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be on the mend so I can actually enjoy this time I'm at home.

Keep it real readers.

No comments: