Thursday, February 18, 2010

Long Days, Long Nights

I'm currently coming at you from across town from my apartment, on Heather's computer. She's sitting here next to me, studying for her Microbiology test. Fun times right? I feel a little less than useless watching her plug away at facts and definitions while I play on her computer, which is turning into something rather humorous because every time I sign her out of something, I apologize profusely. I can't help it.

Anyway, I find myself in a weird place right now. For the first time in what feels like years, no one is catching my eye. I have no one on my mind making me want to look pretty every day--that is, other than myself.

It should be something that makes me feel relieved, or liberated, but alas it's not. It leaves me feeling oddly...empty. It leaves me lying in bed at night, wondering why I haven't found someone yet. I think it's because I want to be with someone. I want to be loved by someone, and love them back. It's something that has often eluded me in my life, but it is something I have experienced in some degree.

I just wish someone could catch my eye again like they used to.

Maybe I just need to open my eyes a little wider.

I am taking steps to do that. Broaden my horizons, see further than I used to.

I'm happy.

Keep it real readers.

No comments: