Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Best Friend to Boyfriend

So readers, yes it is true. I have me a squeeze!

After a few days of thinking, I decided it was worth a shot to date my best friend, so as of 2 am Saturday morning, I am officially one-half of a relationship. The first few days were amazing. Pure awesomeness. Then things started to get weird.

When I said "let's try," I had made the decision to be what he needed. I wanted to make it work between us. However, in all the awesomeness that began to ensue, I think he began to struggle with the transition from being my best friend to being my boyfriend.

Truth be told, it spooked him, and he didn't tell me. So I began wondering what I was doing wrong. What I could do to fix what was going on with him. Then my dear friend Rachelle opened my eyes.

There really is nothing I can do. He has to come to me when he's really ready. I just have to wait. It's harder when I want to spend every day with him.

I just wish he could trust himself that this could be great. He made a good decision. He needs me.

I know he's afraid of ruining the amazing friendship we've had for so long, but if it has the potential of being something really great, doesn't it deserve to become that?

He can't let go and just believe.

So I'm waiting for him to come back to me.

In the meantime, keep it real readers.

No comments: