Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Magnificent weekend, only to be followed by a crazy week...

Wild days. I had a whole relationship that ended in the past week, reconnected with some amazing old friends, and designed a web page.

This past three-day weekend I went to the land down under, also known as the metropolis of Hurricane. I always forget how much I love being home until I'm there.

The weekend started with a trip to Wal-Mart with my mom to pick out a new entertainment center...for the new flat screen TV that my dad bought a few days previous. Talk about a wicked awesome surprise! I spent the rest of the evening catching up on my TiVo and relishing the High-Def picture I was experiencing. This promptly turned into something much more spectacular when the Olympics Opening Ceremonies began. Talk about awesome.

Saturday began very early. Before it was even 9 am, I was dressed and getting ready for the Presidents' Day Weekend tradition of THE ST. GEORGE PARADE OF HOMES. My mom enlisted my dad as our driver, and with much gratitude to him at fulfilling his duties with the utmost of competency, he managed to keep us happy, fed, and he got us to see 12 houses in a mere four and a half hours. Magnificent.

Thanks to such a wildly great day, it was pizza night in the Curl house.

Sunday I woke up around noon, talked to Leslie about her misadventures of the day while squealing at her excellent success in inviting someone she's had her eye on for quite a while to our movie night coming up, which spurred me on to get my butt in gear to figure out who I'm going to invite, and after all of this, I bonded with my dad over some Olympic greatness. Mom and I got out to see four more houses in the Parade, and to cap off the night, my brothers and I made a midnight run to Alberto's for some burritos and taquitos before heading over to our buddy's (I call him 'Papi,' but his name is Brandon. Long story) house to watch 500 Days of Summer. My second time watching it. Definitely worth it. It only gets better.

Monday was the most wild. The brothers wanted to come along for the last eight houses on the Parade, so Mom bought them a ticket to share, I got this wickedly sexy dress for a steal of a price. Also, I began compiling my costume for the upcoming Superhero dance at the institute (I'm going as Batgirl, of course), and after a few pitfalls creatively, I really had quite a coup when I found the ultimate pair of crime-fighter worthy stiletto boots for a measly $14.00 at Payless.

After a few pathetic attempts to sew a utility belt out of heavy interfacing and broadcloth (looking for yellow vinyl this time of year can be a real bitch.), I decided to go back to the drawing board for that one. I'll figure something out. I still have four days to finish assembling my cape, paint the Bat symbol on my top, figure out the belt situation, find face paint (for my mask), and find a pair of long black gloves.

I think I can do it.

Then on top of that I have to ask someone out for movie night on Saturday, study up for a test on Wednesday, help make treats for movie night, go grocery shopping, help clean the bathroom, hide Leslie's mirror that is living in the front room, get used to wearing contacts again before Friday night, wish my parents a happy anniversary (24 years!) and master the art of seduction...

Anyway, that's all for now readers.

Keep it real.

No comments: