Monday, December 06, 2010

Funny How Things Work Out

I found out today that when Skyler first met me, he hated me.

He found me annoying, abrasive, loud, self-involved, and all-around unpleasant.  When I would get up to speak in church he would roll his eyes and think, "Oh man, not her."  In fact, the night we happened to go with the same group of friends to the movies and I changed my mind about him, he groaned on the inside, bemoaning the fact he couldn't sit next to my friend, and instead had to sit by me.

Funny how things work out, eh?

To be fair, when I first met him, he was a far cry from my prince charming.  I found him dull, but tried very hard to impress girls, and from my past experiences with those in his family and with his closest friends, I figured him to be a corny, slow-witted, and very, very close-minded person.

Again, funny how things work out.  He's crazy in love with me, and I can't imagine spending at least the rest of my life with anyone else.  We've spent the last month (almost) looking at engagement rings and talking about our future and discussing beverage choices and photographers.

I have to go back to the oral surgeon's office tomorrow after class to have my packing pulled out from my sockets.  I'm terrified of being in pain again.  I never want to feel that again!  That's right, I'm going back to school tomorrow.  I'm excited to go back, and get back in my normal routine.  I just hope that the oral surgeon isn't too traumatic so I can also go back to karate.  I have a long way to go before I'll be ready for my belt test next month, and I can't afford to miss class anymore.

I haven't e-mailed my grandmother yet about her wedding dress.  I'm debating whether or not I should wait until we're officially engaged, or if I should just get it now.  It has to ship from Northern California so it should take a week to get here, plus she'll be sending us a package in a few weeks, so it could be an excellent "two birds, one stone" situation.

I should just ask for it now, shouldn't I?

Anyway, keep it real readers.

No comments: