Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sometimes I'm Scared of You

When it comes to matters of the heart, I've always considered myself a cautious person. I've always kept at least one foot on the ground in every relationship I've had, and concerning everyone I've dated.

Why?

Because when I was a little girl I promised myself that I would only really fall in love one time, and I was going to make sure that I was sure about it. It was going to be the product of prayer and faith and lots and lots of thought. I wanted to be one of those women who was in love with one man their entire lives. That was going to be me. I was going to give my heart away once, and I was going to make it count. Unfortunately, life dealt me a rough hand for a few years when I was a teenager that made actually letting myself fall for someone a lot more difficult.

However, since being with Sky, it's been harder and harder to keep that foot on the ground. I'm terrified that I'm going to leave the ground completely, only to feel it rushing back to meet me. In the face. I'm afraid of being wrong, and I'm more afraid of what I don't know.

My heart feels like it's getting ready to let go of the ground completely, and blindly just let the open air play with my hair and caress my face. My mind is crippled by echoes of the past that have left me emotionally scarred and bruised, and it is trying desperately to cling to the earth as long as possible.

Who will win in this epic battle between faith and fear?

Only time will tell.

Pray for me readers, and keep it real.

No comments: