Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day Back....ish

Well, today was my first day of class...at Dixie.

I have to admit the day did not start well. I couldn't bring myself to wake up after a terrible night's sleep, and once I arrived on campus with my older brother in tow it didn't get much better. I missed my class due to waking up too late, so I decided to head to the bookstore to check on the price of my books. I reached the top of the stairs and started to walk toward the entrance when I spotted someone I was hoping to leave long in my past. I hoped to never see this person for the rest of my natural life. I promptly turned around and headed in the opposite direction as fast as possible.

I struggled through the hordes of people desperately trying to pay for classes and get questions answered and running into people they haven't seen all summer, trying to stave off the panic attack rising in my chest. I made it all the way to the library, stumbled up the stairs, and found a secluded corner with a chair where I collapsed and tried to compose myself.

I sat there for at least 20 minutes, feeling ridiculous and like a failure, having missed my class, re-enrolled at the school I graduated from already, and moreso struggling to compose myself. What an excellent morning. (Imagine that phrase dripping with sarcasm.)

The rest of the day was very productive. I filled out 10 job applications, eight of which I plan to turn in tomorrow between my classes.

The only thing that would have made the second half of the day better is if I got to spend a little time with my awesome boyfriend, but he's being an awesome friend to someone who needs him a little more than me tonight, and he'll be all mine tomorrow. YAY!!!

Keep it real readers.

No comments: