Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Recurring Dream

Don't worry readers, this isn't a diet update.  Those are only on Fridays. :)  On a similar note, I'm happy to say I have successfully repressed my urge for self-destructive behavior.  It's floating around in the back of my mind, and truth be told it's always there, but I didn't act on my urge, and I'm really proud of myself.  I think my new meds have helped.  A lot of my obsessive behaviors are considerably better too.  I only washed my hands six times yesterday.  Compared to 15 that's insane.

But that's not the purpose of this post.

When I was a little girl I had a dream that I was sledding and I crashed and landed face-down in the snow, and a little boy helped me up, brushed the snow off me, and walked me home.

Last night I had the same dream.  I was 7 years old all over again, my long chestnut hair was pulled into a ponytail, wearing a too-big pair of snow pants, and I felt the sting of the cold snow on my face all over again as I whitewashed myself. 

Then I felt the hand of the familiar stranger grab my hand and help me up, tears streaming down my face, and when I saw his face, it wasn't the same face I remembered.  The smooth, dimpled face I remembered was covered in freckles.  His blond hair was now a vibrant shade of red.  The tears of pain I was crying turned into tears of joy, and I threw my little arms around him.

Then I woke up.

It was an interesting experience, remembering that dream I had so long ago, and actually wrote about it in a book I've been working on for about a year. 

Anyway, I thought I'd share that with you readers.

Keep it real. :)

1 comment:

Heather Jepsen said...

No WAY!!!!! AHHHHH!!! YOUR LIFE IS SO RAD! THIS makes me as happy as a naked baby. :) I love you! Yay for closure!