Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Newest Exploit

I never knew time could move so slowly.

Anyway readers, I recently visited with my doctor, and had to have my meds adjusted again.  Blah.  I hate adapting to a new antidepressant.  It takes days before I really feel like myself again, and frankly I just don't have the time for this again.  Unfortunately, it has to happen.  I was feeling like a zombie.  My range of emotion had become almost non-existent, and forcing myself to be exuberant was exhausting.

Luckily, I'm going to be back on my old drug, accompanied by a new one that should be very beneficial.  Along with that, I inquired about a common metabolism boosting drug that has been known to aid weight loss.  I've never been one to base my self-worth on a number I see on the scale, but with my wedding coming up, I want to look my best, and furthermore, I ordered my dress a size too small.

I have been exercising and eating better, but progress has been slow.  With this new medication, I could see noticeable results in a month.

However, as a bit of an experiment, I'm going to keep wearing layers, along with baggier clothes for the next little while so that Skyler won't notice.  I have been toying with the idea of actually trying to make myself look heavier, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Anyway, I've already started to lose weight, and I have so much more energy than I used to.  This is pretty awesome.

The only catch is I have to visit my doctor monthly so they can monitor my progress.  I hate the doctor.

Oh well.  Small price to pay.

Wedding planning is going good.  Cake consult this Thursday.

Keep it real readers.

No comments: