Friday, January 14, 2011

Let The Planning....COMMENCE!

Readers, I've taken to wedding planning like a duck to water.

I have to admit, I was pretty freaked out at the prospect of planning an entire wedding, and there were a few hiccups in the plan when I started, but yesterday we booked our photographer, tomorrow we're booking our reception venue and starting our registry, and today Skyler got measured for his tux.  I've picked out my dress, my shoes, my bridesmaids' dresses and shoes, and now those just need to be ordered.  I'm ordering my shoes already so I'll have them in time for engagement photos.  They're specially made so they'll take a month to get here.

Next week Sky and I are going to go around and get quotes for our cake.  With how smoothly this week has turned out, I'm actually getting excited.

Someone told me we're planning everything "so soon."  I told them the sooner everything is booked and squared away, the sooner I can just relax and focus on the little things, like getting my nails done, picking out jewelry, and looking forward to spending the rest of my life with my best friend.

Everywhere else in the world people book wedding-related things a year in advance.  I'm getting married four months from yesterday, and frankly, I have no problem spending the last month of my engagement knowing everything, more or less, is being taken care of.

I think now that I realize everything is going to be just fine, I can finally relax into this and be excited for the future. :)

Hooray!

Keep it real readers.

No comments: