Saturday, January 29, 2011

Feeling like number four

Well, I had pretty high hopes for today.  I was hoping that the Jazz would win, because Sky mentioned that it would bode well for me in the affection department.

Anyway, the day started fairly well.  I woke up at a decent time, I got paid, I got to have lunch with Robert, I visited my mom at work, and I got quite a bit of homework done.

However, that's when the day started to, as they say, suck.

My mom and I had decided to see a matinee, and we settled on True Grit, since it was nominated for best picture and all, we figured it had to be good.

Not so readers.  Robert had talked it up for weeks, saying it was amazing and well done and all that and a bag of chips, but frankly, I was underwhelmed.  Halfway through I almost fell asleep, but I figured I owed it to my six dollars to stay awake.  

Then the day got better.  We got home and had our traditional Friday night pizza night, and after that my family and I gathered around in the living room and watched RED.  It was funny, and action-packed.  I was really enjoying it, and I got about 2/3 of the way through it before I got the text from my man, asking me to come over.  I fluffed my hair, put on socks and shoes, and headed over.  I was so excited when I arrived and saw that the Jazz were up and it was the fourth quarter.

Then I turned to take my rightful place next to Sky, but was dismayed when I saw that sitting, no, laying in my place was his dog, and on the other side of the dog was Sky's friend Dason.

So Karen sat on the floor.  Then the game, which we won, ended, and he pushed his dog on the floor.

"Yay!  I get to sit by my man now!"  I thought.  Once again, not so readers.  He stood up, and we all went in the kitchen.  Why?  To play a game with his parents.  Two rounds later, and he and Dason disappeared in the basement to watch yet another sporting event, while I stayed in the kitchen and talked to his mom, who, on a side note, wants me to call her "Mom."  I just don't think I can do that.  I have one mom in my life.  The one who gave birth to me.  I love her, and it takes a lot for me to use that title for anyone else.

Anyway, then he came upstairs, and announced it was time to go home.  I hardly got any affection when we said goodnight, and I came home with a scowl on my face.

So yeah.  I'm mad tonight.  I'm mad because for the first time in a long time, he didn't care at all about me or my feelings.  He's actually upset at me because I told him I was disappointed.

I can't help it if I actually felt the gravity of being number 4 on his list of priorities tonight.  I've never been this low on the list.  I'm used to being number 2, behind karate or homework or basketball or his parents, and sometimes I'm number 3 behind two of those other things.  I think maybe in the course of our relationship I've been number 1 maybe three times.

Maybe I should make him a lower priority on my list too.  Hmmm...

Well readers, keep it real.

No comments: