Monday, June 14, 2010

Ch-ch-changes

Well, after two weeks of failure, restarting, and ultimately starving to the point of delirium, I gave up HCG. I realized that I respond much better to interventions like eating more vegetables and less cheese along with regular exercise rather than radical dieting and further starvation. This is my first real attempt at dieting, and I have to admit I'm impressed I lasted this long.

So I had a bean burrito for dinner, and it was quite possibly the single most delicious burrito I've ever had.

However, given my family history of straight-up s**t health, I have committed to some major changes in my life:

1: No more candy
2: No more soda--except the occasional diet soda.
3: Much less baked goods (i.e. Bread, cake, cookies, etc.)
4: EXERCISE! I respond well to jogging.

All in all, doable if you ask me.

Now I want to talk about something else: Men.

As most people who are familiar with me know, I'm not really the kind of girl who is good at getting into relationships. It just doesn't happen for me. I'm good at dating and flirting and casual activities, but I'm horrible at committing. I don't like the idea of it, especially at my young age. I'm only 22. I have the rest of my life to be married.

Tid-bit time: I can't say "I love you" to someone I'm involved with. I've never been able to feel like I would mean it. Saying it is a big deal to me. However, I can openly say it to my friends and family all the time.

I know. It's weird.

I just felt like I should bring that up because I've gotten a little crap lately for being persistently single.

Geek boy update: He hasn't tried to contact me in five days. I hope he's met someone who can love him back.

Keep it real readers.

No comments: