Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Way Back To OK

The other day I was making my way through the Sharwan Smith Center back to my apartment for some hardcore laundry doing. It was a pretty decent day so far, I was feeling pretty good about life. Even my singleness. I had resolved that I love my single friends a lot, and if I found someone I wouldn't be able to hang out with them nearly as much. Life was good.

That was, until I saw a rather unsavory sight. A young man I had quite amorous feelings toward last semester was holding the hand of his new girlfriend. Not just holding, caressing. The sight immediately sent a chill of bitterness and jealousy down my spine, causing me to feel a lot less than OK about my singlehood.

Damn singlehood.

It took me a solid 36 hours to recover. With the help of a nice visit from my dad accompanied by a free lunch, a delicious pepperoni pizza doused in Frank's Red Hot pepper sauce, commiserating with my also single roommates, clean clothes, and a freezer full of food, I finally felt like I was back where I was before I saw anything. What a relief!

I know that the right guy is out there, and he's amazing, and meeting him will make every trivial relationship and bad date worth it.

It's just a matter of persevering until then. Weeding out the losers, one dud at a time.

Keep it real readers.

No comments: