Thursday, January 14, 2010

My first Blogger blog...

I've been blogging for years on different sites. First, MySpace. But then I became an adult, and realized that the whole MySpace thing was really getting to be a little ridiculous. I cancelled it today. *Happy dance* Then I began publishing "notes" on Facebook, but It just seemed kind of...I'm not sure. But it wasn't positive.

At the urging of Heather, one of my beloved roommates, I decided to give this Blogger thing a try.

How about I give you a little background about myself? Well, My name is Karen. As my heading suggests, I wear glasses. I love them. Glasses make me different. Distinctive. I tried the contacts thing for a while, but I really love the way I feel when I wear glasses. I feel more me.

Moving on...

I'm studying to be a Chemistry teacher at SUU. I'm the ONLY Chem Ed major I've met yet. Ever. What happened to loving the idea of molding young minds with the fascinating field of Chemistry? Maybe one day I'll teach the kid that will cure cancer.

The way I see it, if I became a research chemist (my former passion), then maybe I could be the one making magnificent medical breakthroughs, and that would be awesome. But I'm just one person. If I teach hundreds of students to love Chemistry the way I do, and out of those hundreds of students maybe 30 become chemists, then we're 30 times more likely to find it.

So I'm relinquishing my dream for the GREATER GOOD OF HUMANITY!

I know. I'm so selfless.

At any rate, keep on keepin' on.

Embrace your inner glasses.

1 comment:

Heather Jepsen said...

This excites me so much!!! Congrats babe!! :D