Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Preparing The Nest

Well readers, I'm coming clean.  The first few months of my impending marriage will be spent in the basement of Skyler's parents' house.  Yeah.  I'm not exactly thrilled about it.  The idea of starting our life together on our own, where I take care of my husband and he takes care of me, and we figure things out on our own.

Well, maybe after a few months of saving and paying off some stuff we'll be able to make a go of it.

Anyway, after some hours of cleaning and moving things around, Sky and I started painting our future "love nest" today.  It took four coats of primer in one room just to cover the navy blue stripes that covered the bottom half of the walls in one room, and we put on one coat of paint in our future bedroom.  I can happily announce that it is going to be a cheery shade of "Summer Town."  The bottom half of the walls will be a nice deep teal for a punch of color.  It'll look really good when it's all done.  After the painting is done then we'll just have to change out the molding, see about adding crown molding and the molding around the middle of the room, and then carpet/flooring.

Then comes the furniture.  We're going to get everything all set up so that when we come back from the honeymoon it's all ready for us.

We're thinking San Diego.  :-)

43 days until the wedding.  Yeah, I'm freaking out a little.  I'm starting to worry whether or not I'm ready, or if I'm cut out for this, or if anything changes with us if he'll still feel the same way about me, or me about him.  What if I'm infertile?  What if he is?  What if I'm in a tragic accident and become permanently disfigured?  What if I get some sort of chronic illness and he has to take care of me?  What if something happens and I gain a bunch of weight?

Maybe it's just cold feet.  I don't know, I've never been in this situation before.  I love Skyler.  I do.  I want to marry him.  I want nothing more than to wake up next to him every morning, fall asleep next to him every night, eventually have his children, build a life with him, make a home for him, grow old with him.  I do.  More than anything.  I'm just so...nervous.  This is the biggest step a person can take in their life, and here I am, at the tender age of 22, taking this step.

The funny part is it's with someone that, a year ago I didn't even give a thought to.

At any rate, here I am.  I'm stepping into this whole new life.  New name, new address, new family, I'm even getting a new phone number.

Keep it real readers.

No comments: