Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gaining Some Perspective

Well readers, as most of you know already, I broke up with Sky.  I explained my fears and concerns that I had, and then I calmly told him I was letting him go.

I felt melancholy, but also I felt a wave of peace come over me, like whatever was going to come of this was going to be good.  Then I went on Facebook and changed my status to "single."

Then I started to cry.

And cry.

And cry.

Then I regained my composure, put on my makeup, and went to work, and I was fine...for a while.

About an hour before the end of my shift I got a text message from Sky, explaining how he was never "going through the motions" and that he actually loved me and he was saving money and looking at rings and how I must have read him wrong.

I was in the middle of the sales floor when I read that.  I dropped my phone on the floor, fell to my knees, and burst into tears.  My boss had never seen me cry before.

I knew at that point we weren't really over, but we had a lot of communicating to do, because clearly we were not making our intentions known.  So we started talking.  Mostly texting right now because I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to see my face.  He's pretty hurt, which actually surprises me.  I didn't think he'd do anything but carry on in his usual way.  But his mother tells a different story.  He's been a bit of a mess.

I don't think I'm over Sky, but I've never felt this OK after a breakup.  Sure, I'm sad, but I'm not throwing things around and eating my weight in ice cream or watching sappy movies like I did after my last breakup.  Then again, I was surprised by my last breakup, and moreover, I was the dumpee, not the dumper.  But I don't feel like Sky and I are over, so that seems to ease the pain considerably.

I think some of the pain he's feeling is due to the fact that he thought that I was hooked, and no matter how crappy he acted, or how much he would ignore me, I would still love him and stand by him.

I'll keep you posted on how we work things out, but one thing's for sure.  We have a lot of things to work out.

Keep it real readers.

No comments: