Sunday, October 24, 2010

Excitement, Sundays, and The Ungame

Well readers, I am very excited for the coming week.

No karate, so maybe my lingering soreness from my beloved sport can work its way out of my body.  I only work three days this week, which means I'll actually be home for dinner a few days this week before *drum roll* going to FRIGHTMARES!

That's right, Sky, a few friends, and me are going to Lagoon for the weekend, and I am super excited!

In other news, I went to church in Virgin for a missionary homecoming with Sky today.  Is it weird that I still get a little excited when he introduces me as his girlfriend?  It'll be four months since we've been together a week from tomorrow, and it still feels brand new sometimes.  I love that feeling.  I hope it never goes away to be honest.

After we left church we drove around looking at houses we liked and talking about our future children.  I freaked out a little inside, since I'd never actually done anything like that with anyone else.  The whole idea of a future like that, with a house and children and a husband and an actual life just never seemed so real to me.  I actually felt happy about the prospect, especially with him in that future.  That is one thing I can finally admit to myself.

Tonight I broke out the infamous Ungame.  The game that almost cost me a friendship when I was 17.  I hadn't played it since, and it was actually pretty neat to pull it out and dust it off.  It was hard keeping it light, since I had about a million serious questions in my head that I didn't want to say in front of Dason, and also didn't want to admit that I wanted to know the answer to.

Silly Ungame.

To reiterate what I said earlier, I'm super excited for this week. SOOOOO excited.

Keep it real readers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the ungame?

Karen F. Gubler said...

It's the single worst board game of all time, where you can learn more than you ever wanted to know about someone in a single night. It's dangerous indeed, and should be used with extreme caution.