Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Adjustment

Well chitlins, I'm rounding out the end of my second week of being home from SUU, and my room still looks like a pile of rubble usually only seen after a great natural disaster...or perhaps an atomic blast. Hopefully I'll use my long weekend to fix that.

The week after I came home I went back to my old job at LB, only to be promoted to management, thus giving me power, prestige, a raise, and about three times the hours I was working as an associate. Wild. I haven't slept deeper in months.

Financially, I'll be pulling in some wicked bank, however, I am in dire need of paying off some debts this summer, and to add to the stress, I have to pay for housing on my own next year.

Frustration ensues.

Worse yet, I'm still in that "I don't know what to do with my life" phase.

That's right kids. I, Karen Faith Curl, daughter of a scholastic with three bachelor's degrees and a former partier, sister of an aspiring lawyer and future luthier (one who manufactures guitars), am in the throws of the dreaded quarterlife crisis. Words do not begin to describe my utter embarrassment.

So, in an effort to not fritter away the government's, and more importantly my money, I have decided to take some time off of school to do some soul searching. Perhaps I will travel and see some family. Maybe I'll spend my days job shadowing others who have figured things out. Or maybe I'll meet a rich, handsome man and never have to figure out another thing for myself ever again.

If only....

Maybe I should hire a life coach.

Wish me luck readers.

In the meantime keep it real.

No comments: