Tuesday, November 12, 2013

New Things, New Thoughts, Empty Wombs

Admittedly it has been far too long.

Readers, I am on the precipice of testing for my black belt.  I'm less than a year away from entering the hallowed halls of testhood, and join the exclusive club of black beltdom.  I'm not going to lie, the prospect is exciting, but it is also terrifying.  I've seen terrible things at those tests.  Terrible things.

Sky and I both started school this past August.  This, by far, has been my favorite semester.  Evenings hulled up in our apartment, both doing homework, have been magic to me.  It makes me incredibly happy to see him working to better himself and our situation.  No lie, it is also really hot.  I know it sounds weird and perverse, but watching him pouring over his books and writing his English papers just gives me a total lady boner.  He has been working so hard and making me so proud.

Sky comes from a family where you work by the sweat of your brow, and hard work will get you places and eventually, after paying your dues, you will get your cushy job, or you will still be working yourself into the ground, but making a decent wage.  But we made the decision that if we both got our college degrees, we would not only be providing a better life for our future family, but we would also be showing that getting a college education is not just an option, but it is important and will raise the standard of living to a level that it has never been.  We want to be able to travel and see the world, and expose our future little ones to that world.  We want to see things in real life that we have only actually seen in textbooks or in movies.

We are both officially registered for spring semester, and after getting STRAIGHT A'S this semester, I am a shoo-in to have my financial aid reinstated.  I am all kinds of nerding out about my classes, and I'm loving it.  I love having a buddy, a school buddy, that is not only a friend, it is my hot sexy lover man.

Sky has been nominated to host next year's WTSDA Region 2 tournament.  He is the youngest studio owner in the region, and the youngest host I think ever.  He has been chosen!  This sounds like nothing, but this is a huge deal.  When we pull this off without a hitch and with BITCHIN' t-shirts to boot, then he will likely get his invitation into the extra super exclusive club that is the MASTERS' clinic.  That means rubbing elbows with the greats of the association, invitation to test for his 4th degree, and then invitation to test for his master's belt.  This is huge, and if anyone can do it, it is TEAM FREAKIN' GUBLER!

Now on to the empty womb.  Yes, Sky and I have been married for about 2 1/2 years now, and we don't have any tiny people or tiny people on the way.  No, we aren't trying.  No, we aren't having any "issues" with trying.  We want to be done with school and we want at least one of us to have a job that is solid and has insurance so we can take care of our children ourselves and not rely on the state to take care of them for us.  We love kids, we want kids, and we are excited to have kids, but we are waiting until we are prepared.  We also have a 26-year-old man roommate who is currently inhabiting our second bedroom, so space, needless to say, is lacking for a nursery and a tiny person to be in it.  Yes, we are doing it the right way.  It is happening when we are prepared.

Well, it's late.

Keep it real readers.

No comments: